Thursday, February 26, 2015

Things I want to remember

Some days seem to be all about tantrums and time-outs and taking deep breaths. But sometimes we have a string of days so cute and so funny and so priceless that I want to write it all down so I can remember it forever.

This post is like that — just adorable things I want to remember about the last 12 hours.

  • Last night at bedtime, Eli burped. "Wow, I said. "That was a loud burp." He responded, "I have a lot of burps," then paused thoughtfully and added, "In my mouth."
  • I turned on his twilight turtle, which projects a moon and stars onto the walls. Noticing three stars clustered around the moon, I said, "Look, a Mommy star and a Daddy star and an Eli star!" Eli exclaimed, "And a friends star!" He pointed up at the ceiling and said, "I see a Brandon star, and a Jonathan star, and a Ruby star..." and he started naming all his little friends from school. 
  • We're in a Make Way for Ducklings phase, so when he laid down after we read it, he started naming all the ducks: "JackKackLackMack" and then asked me "talk to him" (this is code for "tell me a story") about them. This morning, he lined up his toy cars and playacted like the ducklings were waiting to cross the street. I can't wait to take him to the Public Garden in Boston this June :)
  • Usually I wake up to the sound of Eli yelling for us over the monitor, but this morning I woke up to the sound of...classical music? Because last night I had brought the bunny alarm clock back out and told him in the morning to check and see if the bunny was awake, and if not, to go back to sleep. So this morning when I went into his room I said, "Who turned your music on?" and Eli said, "I did!" He had woken up, but the bunny was still asleep, so he turned his own nighttime music on and went back to sleep. Amazing. When I got in there, he said, "Bunny's awake! I'm so happy!"
  • We were looking at some pictures on my phone and then Eli wanted to get up. He said to me, "Let's put your phone away. I'll help you put your phone away." He put it on the dresser and said, "There, now you can't use your phone anymore until you're a big boy."
  • He was playing with his little Daniel Tiger figurines and he had Miss Elaina say "Hi toots!", which she says all the time on the show. I think this is a testament both to Eli's brilliance and also his high volume of Daniel Tiger-watching.
  • I could tell he was stalling and didn't want to leave for school, so I made up a little song that goes "I love you all the time, I love you all the time, Even when I'm not with you I love you all the time" (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell"). Eli picked up on it right away and after ordering me to sing it "louder" and then "softer," he started yell-singing it too from his stroller as we walked to school.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your posts so much! (but I never leave comments here, I'm sorry!) These are really sweet moments. How AWESOME that he went back to sleep on his own!!!! That made up song is fantastic, what a great mama you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thank you! I didn't think anyone would read this post because I didn't "promote" it to Facebook :) I am 99% sure that this morning was a one-day deal but what an awesome gift :)

    ReplyDelete